Translate

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Bangalore.... What a ROCKING city!

Dulquer Salmaan was correct when he quoted Bangalore as 'Bangalore.... What a rocking city' in the movie 'Bangalore Days'.
I am neither a Kannadiga nor was I born or brought up in Bangalore. It's just 8 months that I am inhabiting this cool city and in this short span of time, I have fallen in love with each and every molecule of the city.
My stay in Bangalore dates back to the January of 2015. I stayed in Bangalore then for over a month. And then after a short span of time in Chennai I am back here at Bangalore.
So without much a do, let me take you to the tour of Bangalore City through my eyes.
It was a winter morning when I first landed in Bangalore for the first time in my life. Being my first visit to this IT capital of India, I had a lot of curiosities and excitement about this city.
'Will I able to communicate?' 'Will I be able to adjust myself with the food of here?' Questions like these had started flooding my mind and I was curious to answer them all.
My journey in Bangalore began from Yeswantpur Railway Station when I was received by my friend Ranjeet.
The first day itself, I had started loving the atmosphere of the city. Lush green sorroundings coupled with the awesome mausam of the city seemed to bow a grand welcome to me. And I was very much comforted to find people fluently speaking in Hindi. So that was a great positive sign for me. I did not find Bangalore any different from Rajasthan to communicate. This also adds to the reason why I love this city.
Silk board they call it but believe me you would neither find any display of sericulture nor any exclusive showoom dedicated to silk clothings. But what you would definitely see is a multi-storey building standing majestically and serving as the most prominent landmark of the area. Yes, you almost got it correct. I am talking of the the Central Silk Board building.
This was the place where I spent the first days in Bangalore.
Flooded with youngsters, this place fills me with an youthful vibe. From edibles to friendly people, batchmates to liquor offerings, this place has it all for me (and any youngster of my age obviously).
I was leading an extended college life here with most of my batchmates in my vicinity and my seniors just at the distance of a call. And not to forget my childhood buddies and schoolmates from Udaipur.
To sum up I was having a wonderful time.
The vast and wide roads, jolly and friendly people, the jawdropping architectures of the buildings of different IT firms, the filter coffee, the pubs, the BMTC buses, the climate, the presence of a young soul in the city gave me all that made me fall for this city.
Then comes the place called as Marathalli or Maratahalli (as it is called in Kannada) which stands to be my second most favourite place. You can practically find almost anything here to make your life happening. Be it a grand offering of mouth watering food for yourself or just losing yourself in the vast multitude of the city. This place has got it all.

Then comes the place called as MG Road followed by Brigade road. They are simply amazing and a walk through the roads of these areas with your special someone can give you a memory of a lifetime. Yes you got that correct.

Be it Cubbon Park or UB City or Lal Bagh you will simply fall more and more in love with the city.
And since now that I've started to live in this magical city again, I owe a lot to this city.
Bengaluru I just love you! Just stay awesome and Green!

Namma Bengaluru!

Your Roopak

PC: redif.com and e2ua.com


No comments:

Post a Comment