Translate

Saturday, October 29, 2022

It was nearing dusk


 It was nearing dusk as I sat

On the steps of the pool, sipping some hot tea from my kulhar along with a maska bun…. alone. I wore a tidy jeans and a casual shirt. It did not take me long to remember those days when i used to eagerly wait for the early morning tea and maska bun with her.

The cool and fresh morning air felt very rejuvenating and comforting….

It used to be full of adventure and most importantly love…. Unconditional love.


While it was no secret that we had started liking each other and started confessing it more number of times, hardly did we realize that we had started falling in love with each other.


Then one fine day, I gathered all the courage I had and proposed her. I wrote a romantic proposal and presented it to her, after reading which she kissed me right away. If only could you experience that moment, then would you realize how ecstatic it felt. It sent shivers down my body, and I remember it with the minutest details……


This heart denies accepting the fact that she is no longer mine, nor are those moments full of love.

What remains today are her splendid memories. Memories which I deny forgetting, memories which my heart disobey to wipe off and shamelessly stick on to, memories of her, memories of my love…...


I don’t know if I am right or wrong…. But all the lessons I learnt from you will always stay with me and even in the darkest hours, your memory would be the one which I would dwell upon, until I go to deep sleep.


I know I am hoping against the hope, but still if you happen to change your decision & come back to me, I will waste not a second to embrace you, to hug you tightly, to kiss you and never let you go. I would eagerly sit beside you closely and hold your hand while both of us get lost in deep conversations under the big tree at the church during the evening sun. Tell me…. Will you be mine…. Again? (Please say yes 🥹)


One day you might remember me…. With small tear in your eyes…. And recall that I was not that bad a person.

I wish…….


Lots of love! ❤️


(P.S.: This is fiction)

No comments:

Post a Comment